Home Forum OASIS Forum Useful Resources and Research Engagement strategy, categories & targets
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Useful Resources and Research
  • Page:

TOPIC: Engagement strategy, categories & targets

Engagement strategy, categories & targets 3 years 3 months ago #66

• Greg
  • Administrator
Please comment on the engagement strategy, which includes:

- A list of stakeholder / funding partner categories
- Benefits available to each category
- Example target organisations within each category
- A strategy for engaging them

[Unable to upload 1st doc]

The second doc is a template email, with a set of alternative middle paragraphs, one per category.

The third doc lists all the targets so far in each category, together with contact details and how far I have got in the dialogue.

Please review in particular whether the category list is comprehensive and suggest further target organisations within those categories. I would be grateful if you could provide me with the following for any organisations that you identify:

1. Category
2. Organisation name
3. Contact name (if poss)
4. Contact title (if poss)
5. Contact/info email OR URL of email form

Thank you

File Attachment:

File Name: Funding Partner initial email_2011-05-02.pdf
File Size: 202 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Campaign Progress_2011-05-02.pdf
File Size: 209 KB
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Greg.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Engagement strategy, categories & targets 3 years 3 months ago #67

• Greg
  • Administrator
From: giles wilkinson [mailto: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ]

Dear Greg,

That's great news that we've selected the most appropriate strand, and the team can now get into gear with the EU Funding Application process. I assume you've had a chance to bring James Heslam up to date with your discussion with Andrew this morning ?

Just picking up with my concern about 'Match-Funding' and identifying 'Partners' , and recalling meetings with the political lobbyists, Jason Joseph (Suffolk County Council), and James Heslam (+ Jennifer Carson from Brussels Office of East of England European Partnership), I think it would be helpful if you were free next week, if you and I (and Saverio - see later) met to discuss;

1/ Our political 'Champion' who can hopefully open doors for us in Westminster - I'd like to discuss what questions you want to ask John Gummer's research assistant after you have made your presentation. ie. our expectations on level of assistance, support, etc.

2/ Partners - Gareth Morgan from Cavendish Communications suggested we might contact the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) - who have a large £27M budget currently according to their website - see their Centre for Ecology & Hydrology - (you may have already done so).

3/ Jason Joseph thought our 'large project' may need as many as 20 partners - this is fairly significant in the timescale but let's discuss which classes of 'beneficiaries' we identify, and will they provide practical, knowledge - based assistance - which is what the EU is looking for, financial or political assistance ? Our existing links with Herts Uni, STAB and Cadiz Uni will need reinforcing very shortly, but are an extremely concrete start. JJ agreed he thought links with Veolia would be good as they are both a water + waste company and he didn't think scaling-down was an issue as veolia would be able to divert resources to new emerging technologies and services.

4/ Saverio - with Saverio's excellent networking skills, I think it would be very useful if he could also join us next week - his commercial approach would make him a natural ambassador for communicating our aims and objectives especially with some of our projected international partners.

5/ St.Albans Priory Rotary Club - although a breakfast club is difficult now for me (as my current start time is 7am!) I might be able to get Simon Armstrong to refer me to the evening Club as either of their extremely strong International links will be invaluable to us.

6/ Suffolk County Council - I would suggest we rekindle this link (in James' knowledge) as their pioneering experience will be recognised by the EU for their 'Greenest County in the UK' tag - and we can reinforce our connection with C2C in that way.

Enough for now, but could you indicate your availability for this very short week, next week ? If anyone else wants to attend that's fine, but we're trying to divide limited time so that there are hopefully no gaps in our homework or too many overlaps.

Kind regards and Happy Easter folks.

Giles Wilkinson MRICS Dip(EstMan)

Re: Engagement strategy, categories & targets 3 years 3 months ago #68

• AdamBlackie
  • Fresh Boarder
Greg,
Have you considered The Eden Project as a co-funder? They have an "External Projects Manager" - see LinkedIn.
Adam Blackie

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
07941 270 640

Re: Engagement strategy, categories & targets 3 years 3 months ago #69

• Greg
  • Administrator
Thanks, Adam.

I've noted this in the main doc. (I'll re-share this after blocks of updates...)

Cheers, Greg

Re: Engagement strategy, categories & targets 3 years 2 months ago #102

• Greg
  • Administrator
A very useful source of contacts to track down: www.financingwaterforall.org

Re: Engagement strategy, categories & targets 3 years 2 months ago #106

• Greg
  • Administrator
Water for the Ages - H2O Organisations

waterfortheages.org/international-water-organizations/

"Here is a list of some organizations working on water and sanitation (WatSan) issues in multiple countries around the world. Thank you to the multitude of other WatSan NGOs working on-the-ground in specific countries. Your efforts are integral to WatSan improvements on the local level."

...need to find email address from website links, and google contact (CEO/Chair) names from press releases, etc
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Greg.

Re: Engagement strategy, categories & targets 3 years 2 months ago #114

• andrew
  • Administrator
www.drylands-group.org/Contact/index.html

List of NGO contacts working in Africa on desertification.

Website source: www.desert-green.net/CRIC3_2005/english/1day.html

The owner of the site has asked for us to work together.
Reward a child for thinking not for storing someone else’s thoughts. Andrew K Fletcher

Re: Engagement strategy, categories & targets 3 years 2 months ago #115

• AdamBlackie
  • Fresh Boarder
Andrew, I took a look at the link and I can not see an explanation of their idea. Any further clues? :unsure:
Adam Blackie

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
07941 270 640

Re: Engagement strategy, categories & targets 3 years 2 months ago #116

• andrew
  • Administrator
Hi Adam

From what I have seen their invention is a frame with pivoting plastic flaps that are designed to reduce evaporation from the soil. They rely on deep soil moisture for this system to work and have mentioned pumping water from underground non-renewable resources using solar panels. This presentation took place in 1995 so I guess they are facing an uphill battle to convince people that what they have will work.

Craig put an article on another thread showing the use of a cardboard box that recycles moisture from the soil back to the sapling and collects moisture from rainfall and condensation which has been demonstrated.

Nevertheless, their product was presented at an expo for desertification and they do list some very important contacts.
Reward a child for thinking not for storing someone else’s thoughts. Andrew K Fletcher
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds
Protected by Spam Fighter